Feel free to visit my web page and check out some of the work I did last year.
Please click the link ^^^^
At this point I brought in the template supplied in the briefe
placed my background in and then the illustration over the top. It looks like it could really come together now.
At this stage I’m thinking that the lines at the bottom. were I though originally that I would put the page number and issue numbered….defiantly had to go. Its just not doing any thing for the design, any way I am going for simplicity. I’ll have to get rid of them and then play around with different typefaces and sizing.
Decided to go with my initial idea using the shapes of the clouds from an image in my inspiration section. I like the depth that they could possibly create and the variations of tonal values that they create.
^^^ In this piece you can see that I’ve started to blur nearly all the clouds edges. Especially the ones toward s the top of the page were they are almost non existent – this was also done using the eraser tool to just tidy up those areas. From this point I then put a noise filter over the top as well as drawing strokes through it to create a grungy old fashioned type effect.
^^^ Next I placed it into photoshop and started messing around with the tonal values again. I changed the saturation and then began to create inner glows on all the clouds. At this stage I was thinking that it looked to much like a cut out type shape – I really wanted to create that rounded shape, like jump out of the page type shape.
This first step involved in making my background includes: Creating cloud shapes in illustrator and filling them with different tones of greys. I then Messed around with the opacities which lead me to this effect above.